Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A little Spring Getaway

It seems like spring had just arrived when we had to say good bye and welcome summer. But to our delight, summer brought two weeks of perfect California weather! We were delighted to say the least.

We have not stopped moving since May and life has gotten so busy that I had to make choices about blogging. Sometimes I just cannot squeeze it in without rendering myself useless the following day, or more importantly, creating consternation with my family because the important things are not getting done, so I hope you understand.

On a more lighter note I do have plenty to share! In late May we took a trip for our anniversary to the Shenandoah Valley and stayed at a very cozy cabin.

One of the things that has become tradition for us when we travel is to stop at a Cracker Barrel. There is a breakfast that my husband I really enjoy, so we stopped to enjoy the ushering in of our little getaway.
My Beloved, Mark, playing the peg game.

It wasn't going to be much of a traditional two-some anniversary getaway because we had our Conor with us. A farm visit was in store for him as well as the opportunity to make new friends. He was excited too.

The older two stayed behind because they had work and since hours are hard to come by these days, they didn't want to lose them.

Mark and I didn't have much of an agenda other than going to spend one day with some very sweet Mennonite friends.

When we are tired and need a break, we plan a getaway with little to no agenda- especially for Mark. He works soooo hard that sleep is his priority. Sometimes it takes a week for him to finally feel rested.



For two young adults and a small child, that makes for a not-so-enjoyable vacation. I take reading and crocheting to occupy that time of "hibernation."

We went to Route 11 Potato Chip Factory that has the finest ingredients that chips can have. Whole Foods carries them... f that tells you anything. My favorite was this one:

This is good eatin' right here!
I am not a potato chip fan but this brand..and all their chips were outstanding. They even have some hot and spicy that are probably hotter than the Hot Cheetos...they are called Mama Zumas Revenge! These are hot and tasty...and did I say HOT!! Our little guy loves them though!


And finally, here is our vacation scrapbook!  I hope you come and visit Virginia and when you do make sure that you go to Luray...I heard that is a wonderful little town with some awesome caverns.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow design


Have a wonderful July 4th!

Forever in His debt,



0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...