Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Freezing Pesto


Here is my finished Pesto freezing project:

Pesto frozen in a cupcake pan lined with Stretch Tight plastic wrap
I found that cutting wrap pieces large enough to lay over four rounds at a time (twice) and
then two rounds at a time (twice) makes this go by fast! Additionally, the plastic wrap is cold and stiffer and that makes it easier to cut as well.

This is one sheet on top of four cups. 


Below, I wrapped up the "pesto cups" individually and put them in a freezer bag.


Below, is almost all the pesto I was able to make on my first harvest. I have more in the freezer.


I was able to put six in each bag and by the time I get through I will have six to eight bags for the winter. And I still have more basil growing and have started some more from seeds!


I call this Sommer Pesto after my friend's daughter. They too love pesto and one year I made some for them, but I had used pecans and pine nuts. Sommer is allergic to pecans (not terribly).  A few days after I have given them some, it must have been the Holy Spirit who spoke to me
because while I was getting ready for work, I heard, "That Pesto has pecans in it and Sommer is allergic, you better call them." I dropped my toothbrush, ran to the phone and warned them (it was early in the morning too).  The following year, I remembered to make the pesto with only pine nuts and it has been Sommer Pesto since. This tells them it's ONLY pine nuts.


Forever in His Debt,


0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...