Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Makeover

I have been blogging for a few years off and on. During all this time, I'd change my blog look with every season. I had fun with it, but after a while I started to discover that I would spend more time trying to find "a look" I loved and I was never really satisfied.

As I blogged jumped and saw how successful some blogs were one of the things I noticed is that they all had a signature look with a signature button. And I decided I wanted to stop playing with "a look" so I can concentrate on writing about the things that the Lord has placed on my heart, so the search began.

I looked for several blog designers and found a few, but I had always loved the look of Sewn With Grace. I love vintage things, particularly anything in the Regency, Victorian, and Edwardian era, but had not found anyone with that blog...so I went to "Free Pretty Things For You." I sent Keren an email asking if she could take on a new customer to do a blog.  As I waited for her to write back I found another gal who also did blogs. As I looked through her portfolio I liked her work, but was almost sure she would not be able to capture what I wanted without a lot of explanation and tweeking..she had a lovely style, but it was different flair so I hesitated. I would wait to hear from Karen. You see, I had been following Keren's blog for quite some time and have seen her work. I love her stuff! When she said that she would be able to take me on I was excited!

Keren has a gift and I say this because I sent her one email telling her what I like and what I was looking for and I don't think it was very detailed at that.  She put together a draft layout that I absolutely loved! She tweeked a couple of things and before you know it I had my blog! When I showed my husband he said, "Wow, that is so you! She really captured who you are!"

I am thrilled with my blog and if you are looking for someone to personalize your blog with its own special look...well, look no further. Not only is she talented but she is probably one of the sweetest persons on earth. And did you know that she is a Shabby Blog team member? So, if you've ever used their blog templates...she has probably made one that you've used!




Forever in His debt,

2 friends said...:

  1. HI MONICA,

    I CAME TO YOUR BLOG VIA "FREE PRETTY THINGS FOR YOU"...LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS THE LORD!! I HAVE GOING THROUGH A VERY DIFFICULT TIME IN MY LIFE AND YOUR "ABOUT ME" SPOKE TO ME IN A VERY SPECIAL WAY!!

    I THANK GOD FOR DIRECTING ME TO YOUR BLOG AND WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU VISITED MINE...I STARTED MY FIRST BLOG LESS THAN A YEAR AGO AND IT STILL NEEDS WORK!!

    HERE IS TO A BEAUTIFUL AND BLESSED FRIENDSHIP!!

    GOD BLESS,
    MICKEY
    P.S. I ALSO LOVE VINTAGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw.. you made me tear up! :)
    Thank you my friend!! your words made my heart sing!

    XOXO!
    Keren

    P.S and how precious is miss mickey!
    What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...