Friday, August 20, 2010

Our Mediator and Perfect Atonement

August 20, 2010

"My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins
- and not only our sins but the sins of all the world." 1 John 2:1-2

We are strongly encouraged by John to live a sin free life, which is almost impossible. Nevertheless, we must try. But when we do sin, our Lord, Jesus Christ will plead our case when we humbly pray and ask for forgiveness. And so he desires for all the world to recognize him and run to him because he is the perfect and only atonement for our sins.

I need to live a more righteous life and determine that unwholesome living will not be part of my life...not in deeds or words. When I fail, I know that I can humbly go to my Heavenly Father and ask for forgiveness and be confident that I will be forgiven. Jesus will be my mediator and plead my case before our Father. I am forgiven.

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your Son, the perfect atonement for our sin. I am a wretched person and fall short of the mark everyday. Oh, I'm so very thankful for my Jesus who pleads my case before you. Thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for the cross that has the power to restore us to you.

Help me to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to be more like you.... everyday.

In Jesus' Name I pray.

0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...