Monday, March 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook





For Today
Sunday, March 12, 2010

Outside My Window ....
night has fallen...and it's tolerably cool..

I am thinking....
about a serious matter that
my husband and I will be addressing
..praying for truth and God's favor to prevail

I am thankful for....
my sister and our niece who
will be visiting next month


From the learning room…
there is a lot of studying, planning,
and work involved in homesteading.

From the kitchen....
a casserole from leftover chicken.
It was okay.
 


I am wearing....
my winter uniform...jeans, turtleneck, and
fleece pullover
 


I am creating....
plans for my garden..
I'm putting them on paper first

I am going....
to go to sleep early tonight..
I needed that hour of sleep we lost this morning.
 


I am reading....
A "Dear America" book for my nephew.
I'm trying to get a reading list for him so
that he can appreciate our American History
and Virginia when it's his turn to visit us.
 


I am hoping....
that now that we have turned off cable
we will get more accomplished and have
more family time and devotions.
 


I am hearing....
my dauther play her guitar, our
oldest is printing something...and
our little one..is very being very quiet...

hmmm....I'll be right back...

...okay, I'm back. All is well.

Around the house...
Things are tidy..except for my
seed catalogs and plans..
 


One of my favorite things....
hearing our daughter sing..when she
sings...she is at peace and she needs
a lot of that right now.
 


A scripture thought....
"For since the world began, no ear has heard,
and no eye has seen a God like you, who
works for those who wait for him!
You welcome those who cheerfully do good,
who follow godly ways." Isaiah 64:4-5 NLT


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....
Finish grading a few more papers literally
and then I'll be all caught up. Yay!!

Taxes, church, soccer practices,
..and creating a touring agenda
for our visitors.
 


Here is picture thought I am sharing...
When I look at him, I can't help but feel
the holes that his absence created.
We missed a great deal...but it gives
me a greater appreciation for our
Heavenly Father...who is always present.

Warmly,


If you would like to journal with the Simple Woman's Daybook, please stop by and visit Miss Peggy (as we call all gentlewomen here in the south) at The Simple Woman to peek into the lives of other "Simple Women" and read the guideline for creating your very own daybook

1 friends said...:

  1. Monica, I happen to love your music (Love the Randy Travis!), I hate sleepless nights and hot flashes as well, and since we are further south than you our garden is now in (as of yesterday!) I'm enjoying your blog!
    Linda in GA

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...