Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook




For Today
February 13, 2010

Outside My Window ....
I have two bottles of sparkling cider in a pile of snow to keep them
chilled for tomorrow's Valentine's Day dinner.


I am thinking....
about all that I need to do to set a beautiful table for tomorrow.
I think I will use my pink depression glass...

I am thankful for....
my wonderful husband who graciously tends to those
things that I can't always get to around the house.

From the learning room…
I learned how to alter a pattern to fit me perfectly.

From the kitchen....
A red velvet cake for Valentine's Day for sure.
Undecided if it will remain two layer or take it to four...
decisions, decisions.

I am wearing....
..okay, I admit...I am wearing what has become my winter uniform.
Fleece, turtle neck, and warm slippers. I am wearing make-up and my hair is done. Hmmm...maybe I should put on some lipstick.

I am creating....
I finished two pillows for my daughter's room. I still have one more to go
but I am creating something for myself this time. 

I am going....
 to set the table tonight for
tomorrow's dinner. 

I am reading....
The Man from Cyrene.
Simon was not a Jesus fan. He carried the cross the rest of the
way for Jesus only 
because Roman soldier made him. The day has darkened and things are very eerie in Jerusalem.
Simon got drunk with Barabbas after the crucifiction.
He went to the temple...and has started to feel the
rumbling underneath his feet. 


I am hoping....
to be able to finish my blouseby the end of next week.
I am a little nervous about it though. I've been working with muslin...
now I'll have to work with the real thing.

I am hearing....
the diswasher, worship music in the kitchen,
and television in the living room.

Around the house...
everything is nice and clean.

One of my favorite things....
my handsome hubby

A scripture thought....
You must fear the Lord your God and worship him and cling to Him.
Deut. 10:20 NLT

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....
The most exciting is sewing class and church. 

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I had so much fun building my first snow man. 
I am making a greater effort in taking time for
the little things even if they do seem childish.
There were so many things I didn't get to do
as a child and this was one of them (We're from CA).

Warmly,



If you would like to journal with the Simple Woman's Daybook, please stop by and visit Miss Peggy (as we call all gentlewomen here in the south) at The Simple Woman to peek into the lives of other "Simple Women" and read the guideline for creating your very own daybook

2 friends said...:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I have enjoyed your music and reading your posts. I have pink depression glass too and am currently hooked on ice blue but don't own any pieces yet. It looks like you planned a beautiful Valentine's Day dinner and I hope it exceeded all your expectations. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your daybook. Thanks for sharing. Love the ear to ear smile on the snowman.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...