Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today

January 16, 2009

Outside My Window ....
Night has fallen and I am thankful for the warmer weather;
it reminds me that I must start planning my spring garden.
Oh, and I must get to Miss Betsy's and collect some more
horse fertilizer for my compost. I so enjoy her farm.

I am thinking....
about our darling daughter who will be 18 years old in
just a few weeks. Oh, how I love her.

I am thankful for....
my flannel sheets and down comforter - even though
the weather is warmer, I find myself in need of them still.

From the learning room…
I am finding "arks" and that
others hear what I hear.

From the kitchen....
Oh, today was splendid! Last night I baked a carrot cake
with cream cheese frosting(one of my faves) and today
I made some delicious carrot muffins. Both had crushed pineapple
in them but only the muffins were on the healthy side.
I got to bless my sweet mother-in-law with some.
For dinner we had Lentil and Italian Sausage soup.


I am wearing....
A gray turtleneck, my fleece pullover and my Duluth Co. jeans.
and my new Kirkland brand bedroom slippers. I have made
my trusty-dusty Uggs my outdoor shoes because I so need
the warmth they offer when I go about town.
(We remove our shoes when entering the house).

I am creating....
I must confess...nothing. My sewing project keeps moving
to the back burner for one reason or another - I must
get this project done.

I am going....
to take some Nyquil quite soon. "I am ever so not well, Charlie!"

I am reading....
My Bible - Genesis and Isaiah still. 

I am hoping....
that tomorrow I will feel so much better and
can spend some time sewing.


I am hearing....
Myth Busters on the t.v. I am outnumbered this evening
by testosterone. My daughter is at work.

Around the house...
are signs of a homeschooling family.

One of my favorite things....
hearing my wee boy say, "Your the best mommy and
daddy in the whole wide world."


A scripture thought....
"But he was wounded for our transgression He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

"...who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed."
1 Peter 2:24

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....
Homeschool, guitar lessons, church, homeschool co-op
and sewing..time is running out.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Time has gone so quickly. She has such a great future. She's talented. She's beautiful. She's smart. She's a lot of things. She's fearfully and wonderfully made. We're proud of her.
Our Heavenly Father delights in her.
He dances and sings over her.
We trust her to Him.
 


Warmly,



If you would like to journal with the Simple Woman's Daybook, please stop by and visit Miss Peggy (as we call all gentlewomen here in the south) at The Simple Woman to peek into the lives of other "Simple Women" and read the guideline for creating your very own daybook.

2 friends said...:

  1. Dear Monica,
    Just reading your daybook left me with such a peaceful heart. Yes, I love it too when God sends kindred spirits my way. He is so good!

    Your daughter is so lovely. How blessed you are to have her. I have 3 boys and so I am waiting for my daughters-in-love to come along. I can hardly wait to meet them. I've been outnumbered for many years now! :0)

    Oh to answer your question on the kindred spirts box ... I just added that title to "Followers" Box that is already on our blog. Sounds so much sweeter than followers, doesn't it? :0) I hope that helps. If it doesn't, just let me know and I'll try to figure it out.

    Hope this night finds you feeling better.

    With joy, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica...so nice to visit your blog again. And thanks for your nice comment today.

    We are in CA right now for a couple more months...then we'll head back to MT to work on the house.

    And yes, Exeter is in CA, the central valley, only 20 min. from where we are here in Hanford. A charming little town that could. :)

    Hey any time you're interested in wristlets, just email me. I knit every day and just finished 2 orders from Seattle.

    Blessings... btw your daughter is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...