Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Day Book


For Today

January 14, 2010


Outside My Window ....

It's late in the evening, the houses are lit, and I smell the
burning wood from the chimneys. One day I will have a chimney.
 

I am thinking....
about my brother, who is celebrating his birthday today.
He is an awesome man; very bright, generous, and intelligent. I love him.
And this is random, I am thinking that I'd really like a
small chicken coop this year.


I am thankful for....

the weather today. It wasn't as cold as it has been
the last couple of weeks and we got to run errands
without so much outerwear.


From the kitchen....
tator-tot casserole for dinner and a guest to share it with.


I am wearing....
 A  red turtleneck, my husband's county firefighter sweatshirt,
my Duluth Co. jeans, and my trusty-dusty Uggs.

I am creating....
nothing at the moment and it feels good...
but you must know I am not finished with the birthday gift.


I am going....
to call it a night.

I am reading...

the bible and a little from "The Man from Cyrene."

 I am hoping...
that I will get up earlier tomorrow. I have had a little
difficulty getting up early this week. I feel like
the door that turns upon the hinges (Proverbs).
I like to wake up early to have quite time and
dawdle a bit. A bugle reveille would never work
for me.

I'm hearing...
my bed and pillow calling me to come hither. :o)

Around the house...
I hear the voices of those that fill my
life with love and laughter and sometimes
sour moments but kids are sometimes
like sour patch kids.

One of my favorite things...
...sour patch kids. :o)

A scripture thought...

"Your heavenly Father already knows all your
needs, and he will give you all you need from
day to day if you live for him and make the
Kingdom of God your primary concern."
Matthew 6:32

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Fiddle dee-dee, I'll think on that tomorrow.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing.




Warmly,

1 friends said...:

  1. I'm so very glad that you stopped by for a visit, Monica. You're right ~ we are kindred spirits!

    I hope you get the chicken coop this year. We need to build one as well. I'll have to see if I can find the cutest little plan that I have. It almost looks like an outhouse and will house 3-4 hens. Some girls have even wallpaper the inside and they are simply darling. (I don't think my husband will go for the wallpaper idea, but I can still plant flowers around it to make it cute, can't I? :0)

    With joy, Lea

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...