Thursday, December 17, 2009


"Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest in your souls."
Jeremiah 6:16

God told his people that there really was only one way to save themselves from destruction. He told them that if they found themselves lost at the crossroads and didn't know which way to go, that they should ask for the way to the old, godly path. He exhorted them to take it and promised that if they travelled it, stayed on it without veering, their souls would find rest; be at peace.


Lately, I have been troubled with the questions
"Am I set apart enough from the world and am I really walking in his godly ways. Are there changes that I can make and should make?" The way this world is going troubles me. The ugliness that I hear in the news troubles me - the killing, the lying, the cheating, the injustice ...it all sickens me and I want to run far, far away from it, but where do I go?  I find myself at the cross roads of society and I feel like I would do anything to go back to the old ways.

In the Victorian through Edwardian time, people really cared about how they were perceived; not in outward appearance, but in the inward appearance. People didn't want to be known as liars, cheaters, and scoundrels.
They cared about God - church was important to them. God was important to them. I know that if you do a deep study, they did do many things wrong, but integrity was important - very important. 

I want those days - the old, godly ways. My heart longs for it desperately.I am going to do everything I can to  get there. I want to find rest in a way of living that sets us apart from everyone else and gives us peace.
I have come to the crossroads and I know that God's word is the map. 


Heavenly Father,
Help me to walk in your old godly ways. I want to be different for the sake of your holy name. Help me to identify those things that I need to change, give me the discipline to do them so that I may be pleasing in your sight. Help me to check your map daily.  In Jesus' name I pray.

0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...