Saturday, June 6, 2009

From an Absent Wife to her Husband

Dearest Love,
I am at last safely under uncle's roof, having arrived here last evening, baby and myself both well, but really very tired. We had no delay, except about two hours at Buffalo. Uncle met me at the depot with his carriage, and in fifteen mintues from the time of my arrival, I was cosily in my room, which was all in readiness for me.

Uncle and aunt seem greatly pleased with my coming, and both are loud in their praise of the baby. They very much regret that you could not have come with me, and say they intend to prevail on you to make them a visit when I'm read to go home.

Baby looks into my eyes once in a while and says, solemnly, "Papa, papa!" I do actually believe he is thinking about home and wants to keep up a talk about you. Everybody thinks he looks like his papa. By day after to-morrow I will write a long letter. I want you to get this by first mail, so I make it short.

With dearest love I am
Your Wife,
Caroline

0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...