Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

As I look back (just for a bit) I can't help but think "it was quite a roller coaster ride" and I am looking forward to a fresh new year. Every year I have new "resolutions" that I mostly keep to myself. Today, with four hours left of 2008, I am going to think about what I would like to accomplish in 2009 and write them down here in my blog, because I cannot for the life of me remember what I resolved to accomplish last year. I was able to establish an exercise routine with my friend, Wendy. However, now that it's freezing cold in the wee hours of the morning, that has come to a halt. We used to meet at a middle school track at five in the morning to speed walk. I miss it, but I am a California girl and anything below 45 degrees, is not a good way to start the morning for me.

This year I would like to resolve to do the following things:
  1. Plant our French intensive vegetable garden by early April.
  2. Finish my sewing projects (UnFinished Objects)
  3. Economize in every aspect of our home life
  4. Be completely debt free (we're almost there)
  5. Continue losing weight
  6. Work on growing our Shaklee business

These are my top six with the vegetable garden being the top one. I would also like to learn the art of canning some of our garden bounty, but I am not going to put undue pressure on myself. On a more spiritual side, I am going to resolve to pray for ...our new President and his wife regularly out of sheer obedience to the Lord. 1 Timothy 2:1-3 (Amplified Version) (1)"First of all, then I admonish and urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men, (2)For kings and all who are in positions of authority or high responsibility, that [outwardly] we may pass a quiet and undisturbed life [and inwardly] a peaceable one in all godliness and reverence and seriousness in every way. (3) For such [praying] is good and right, and [it is] pleasing and acceptable to God our Savior. I have to admit that family and friends have taken greater priority. And I must make praying for the peace and protection of Israel a daily priority too. Psalm 122:6 Pray for peace in Jerusalem. May all who love this city prosper.

Praying that this year will bring all of us closer to our Lord, Jesus Christ and that you will experience the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding.

As the new year approaches, I will close with two verses that have meant a great deal to me lately.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all those whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord God always, for the Lord God is the eternal rock.' Isaiah 26:3-4

"Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways." Romans 12:33

I pray that they bring you the same comfort that they have brought me.

0 friends said...:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...